SoftAtHome delivers leading connectivity, Pay TV and digital solutions for the connected home that ensure the best possible connectivity and in-home experience.
The SoftAtHome solutions are used in more than 30 million homes and 5 million smartphones in Europe, EMEA and Asia, through operators like Orange, Swisscom, Etisalat and more.
Our company develops a software platform for ‘Home’ services (Internet, TV, SmartHome), both with embedded software components on devices (routers, set-top-boxes, smart speakers, etc.) and components deployed in the cloud.
SoftAtHome is an R&D driven company. More than 80% of its 300+ staff is active in software development and customer support: design, development, integration, testing, project management.
For more information, visit our website at www.softathome.com or follow as @SoftAtHome
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be a major actor in the development of embedded software applications and cloud services for Home Gateway devices and WiFi repeaters. You will act as a referent for value added services (security services so that the best possible connectivity is also a secure environment, power saving services such that the best possible connectivity is also the most environmental-friendly, analytics services, …). Besides actively contributing to the SW development, you define its architecture, you ensure that this architecture fits in the global SoftAtHome software portfolio, you act as the technical go-to person, you coach more junior team members, and you take ownership in generating new ideas and starting new initiatives.
You have an academic degree in a technical field from a top university.
You have 7+ years of relevant experience in Linux user space software development.
- Programming languages: C/C++, Unix Shell Programming, other languages are a plus
- Embedded Linux and its associated tools
- Basic understanding of networking protocols, network programming, client-server applications
- Knowledge of tools used for SW development, such as Gitlab, Jira, Docker, …
- Good command of English
- Experience with gateway software stacks such as OpenWRT is a plus.
- Creative and conceptual thinking
- Challenging the status quo, eager to learn and try new things
- Strong analytic and synthesis skills
- Persuasive skills
- Ability to work in multi country and international teams
- Being a team player
- Ability to communicate well and concise
- Attention to detail
- Fast learning
SoftAtHome Belgium, Vaartdijk 3 à Wijgmaal
Please send your application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org